I want to disable all preinstalled language packs except English (US). How to do so?
As far as I know there is no "nice" way to do that via the Configuration. You have to remove the language packs from the bundled plugins archive.
Then only the still existing languages are available in the administration panel (see screenshot).
Attention: You should always leave the en_UK language pack active to work as a fallback. There are often untranslated messages in other languages (e.g. German). If no english "baseline" is available you will see some cryptic keys in the frontend.
Contents of the bundled plugins archive:
How about disabling specific language pack plugins in UPM? ( Atlassian JIRA (v5.0#713-sha1:aec58e2) )
I tried that and it did not work. It took it away from the screen but next time I logged into administrator the disabled languages were back.
I think that's because these languages are bundled and cannot be disabled via OSGi. Deleting them in the filesystem is relable :-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.