Problem:
1) Non-admin users can't log into Confluence.
2) Admin can't change user password, or details.
Basically Confluence fails to self authenticate users.
There seems to be some residual configuration of the previous delegated authentication to JIRA.
I've deleted ALL application links (e.g. Was delegated to Jira)
"External user management" is UN-checked.
(I've even restarted the Confluence app, and rebooted the server.)
So to my understanding Confluence should not be reaching out to anything external, e.g. Jira.
You can see the log message that Confluence is reaching out to JIRA on port 8080
Versions:
Confluence 6.0.6, JIRA 7.1.4
Background:
Confluence-standalone was successfully delegating user authentication to Jira-standalone, but that broke when both Confluence and JIRA were put behind reverse proxies sitting on localhost. After 6 hours testing different combinations of URLs in application links, explicitly whitelisting localhost, upgrading to latest versions, I have given up on Confluence/JIRA delegated authentication. I'm just trying to get Confluence to self authenticate.
Log message:
Caused by: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.InvalidCrowdServiceException: The following URL does not specify a valid Crowd User Management REST service: http://127.0.0.1:8080
2017-01-18 22:24:14,505 ERROR [http-nio-8090-exec-1] [bucket.user.DefaultUserAccessor] removeMembership Failed to remove 'username_was_here' as a member of 'jira-soft
ware-users'
-- referer: http://server_name_was_here/confluence/admin/users/editusergroups-start.action?username=username_was_here | url: /confluence/admin/users/editusergroups.action | traceId: 404791fe51bc68a6 | userName: admin | action: editusergroups
com.atlassian.user.EntityException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException: The following URL does not specify a valid Crowd User Management REST service: http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/usermanagement/1/group/user/direct?groupname=jira-software-users&username=username_was_here
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.atlassianuser.EmbeddedCrowdGroupManager.removeMembership(EmbeddedCrowdGroupManager.java:223)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
....