In JIRA Portfolio I can define Themes and assign them to epics or stories. When I view those issues in JIRA, can I see the associated Theme there?
I looked in the Custom Fields but there isn't one called 'Theme'.
The documentation section Showing Portfolio custom fields in JIRA Software doesn't mention it.
I received an answer from Atlassian on this question recently: 'The theme field actually isn't intended to be shown in JIRA Software.'
I'm also looking forward to get the answer from Atlassian support. It's very confusing, documentation is very poor.
Bad news.
My problem is that after creating a new issue I need to refresh manually and separately the portfolio every time, since for example a new story as a child under the epic with a given Theme label will not get the Theme label automatically.
So the report in this current format is totally useless unless I manually check all the issues in the backlog every time and add the Theme label one by one.
That's make this very painful.
Any progress with this? Should I create a custom field in JIRA called 'Theme' and then sync ?
I want to filter issues that are set those themes
Chiming in on this, as this seems like a very bad overlook.
There isn't currently a way to set a theme on an issue. I even tried adding a 'Theme' label-type custom field. It isn't taken into consideration by Portfolio.
Furthermore, the "nomenclature" page in this official docs page - https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-software/jira-portfolio-fundamentals leads nowhere and it's all dead ends, really.
Hopefully we'll get an official response soon.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.