We are in a process of migrating from internal JIRA/Confluence server to the cloud. The problem is that some projects stay in internal JIRA and I was used to watch their progress in Confluence via macro. Cloud confluence cannot access internal JIRA so it stopped working. My process is ruined and I am seeking how to ressurect it.
I realized that there is REST API. I wonder if this theory can work:
- write new macro for cloud confluence
- it would generate javascript that calls internal JIRA REST interface
- I would just query the status of selected issues
- it would be run locally in a browser within our VPN
- I am logged in to the internal JIRA so the REST can utilize my authentication
Is it achievable? The points 2-4 are IMHO doable. I read some topics about authentication so I worry of the last point. And of course I have no idea about point 1 possibilities in managed cloud. Thanks.