It seems like I used to know how to do what I am trying to do in an earlier version of JIRA, but I am finding myself lost in 6.1.1. I am trying to create a custom workflow/custom fields to fit a fairly simple scenario: Party A creates an issue, Party B evaluates the issue and estimates time to complete (choosing one of two transitions based on < or > 40 hours time), Party C assigns a numeric priority to the issue and then Party B goes to work on the issue. I have created a custom priority field, added new statuses, made a bunch of screens, created transitions. I am not getting how I can have the priority field be editable only by Party C, but read only for Party B. I also want to check that particular fields are completed prior to allowing transitions. Also, my custom screens are assigned to transitions, but they never show because the transition is instant. How do I make a screen appear as part of the transition and then require a field to be completed as part of the transition?
Thanks for any pointers or suggestions.