When Jira sends an email, its coming from "First Last (JIRA) <project@email.com> -- I see this set up in Settings->General->Email From
I would like to change the username to "First Last (PROJECTKEY)" <project@email.com>
Is that possible using JEMH?
Hi Mark,
Making the personal part a dynamic value is interesting but not currently possible in JEMH. JEMH can currenty provide a 'static' override text value for the personal componet of outbound emails, something that JIRA Project level sender email address does not.
A simple way for this to occur is to treat the JEMH field ( Config > Email > Personal Custom from: email name part ) as a velocity template, so something like:
Support Site ($issue.getProjectObject().getKey())
Would then result in:
Support Site (ABC)
Being able to retain the 'name' of the user could be added allowing something like:
$changeUser ($issue.getProjectObject().getKey())
Anyway, I've logged https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH-1607 and will implement this when I get time.
you can configure project level sender email adress
check this doc for more information
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Email+Notifications
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Configuring+Email+Notifications
I do not see where you can set the email from name (as opposed the the address) using the ${fullname} syntax.
No, this cant be done in JIRA. You cannot replace the personal component of an email address with dynamiclly generated content.
Thanks -- that would be great!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.