I have a custom AMI in the Sydney which I created based on the Bamboo stock image.
I can start a micro instance of this AMI from bamboo and attach an EBS volume from a snapshot.
I can start an m3.medium instane of this AMI from bamboo without attching the EBS volume.
Starting an m3.medium instance of the same AMI attaching the EBS volume doesn't work consistently. It was working this morning. Tonight I get
Creating EBS volume...
Found snapshotId at /root/snapshotId. Snapshot will be restored to /mnt/bamboo-ebs
Cannot find value for 'aws.ebs.deleteOnTermination'. Nothing is written.
mountLocation: /mnt/bamboo-ebs
attachedDeviceLocation: /dev/sdh
instanceId: i-02562d3d
amiId: ami-952db5af
availabilityZone: ap-southeast-2b
Thu Apr 24 11:31:26 UTC 2014
Using snapshotId snap-759bff41
Restoring volume from snap-759bff41...
Client.InvalidZone.NotFound: The zone 'ap-southeast-2b' does not exist.
ec2-create-volume failed (exit code 0). Output:
I have modified the .bash_profile of the root account in the AMI to do
export EC2_URL=https://ec2.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com
After doing that it all started working. Until now when it is failing again for no apparent reason.
-----------------------
As I finish writing this post I try to start the m3.medium instance again and it is working again.
So it seems that I am randomly getting this Client.InvalidZone.NotFound error.
Thanks for any help
Lionel.