Just to clarify, I want to transition an issue to Waiting for Customer but I cannot see how to achieve this.
Robin, based upon this question and others you recently posted you may be new to JIRA tools. I would highly recommend reviewing the documentation as it is well written and can quickly get you up and running.
You can navigate to any document from here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/alldoc/atlassian-documentation-32243719.html
With that said, for this specific question, assuming you have not change the default workflows and automation there are two ways to move an issue from "Waiting for Support" to "Waiting for Customer":
When the customer comments back then the issue transitions back to "Waiting for Support"
hope this helps.
Thanks Jack,
I'm not new at all to the JIRA and wider Atlassian toolset, but thanks for checking.
Respond to Customer did not change the status in my case. I am admin, and at least one of the issues to which I "responded" was reported by another user (also an admin).
Further, is it wise that merely commenting an issue reverts it to customer? An Agent may investigate and write some partial findings...but perhaps those are an "internal" type of comment. I will investigate further.
Thanks, Robin.
Robin, I hope my previous response was not taken poorly. I certainly didn't mean it but after re-reading it I was concerned. In any event back to the issue at hand.
Let's look into why, when you click "Respond to customer" it is not transitioning to "Waiting on customer". First, let me state the obvious. If the issue was reported by the person responding then it will not transition. At least it did not for me and I was scratching my head for some time on it. Doh! So I had one of the agents click respond and it worked fine. If that is not the case here then have a look at the workflow and ensure that the transition "Respond to customer" indeed is connected to the "Waiting on customer" status. Check the post function to ensure that one of the steps is "Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step." It certainly should be as that is default stuff. If you haven't edited the workflow then it certainly should work. I have never seen default transitions not work.
Regarding you question on is it wise that commenting reverts to customer, IMO no and that is specifically why I change the automation "transition on comment". This appears to be a default setup at least for the Basic help desk project type, or was for me. What I wanted was a way to add a comment and share w/ customer w/o transition and another to transition w/ a comment. The "Respond to customer" transition action certainly accomplished the latter. I change the automation to remove only the transition from "Waiting for support" to "Waiting for customer" leaving the reverse scenario in place as I did want it to automatically transition back to the agent if the customer commented.
Hope this helps!
Hi, is there a straight forward way to change "Waiting for Support" to "Waiting for Customer" for someone like me, which is 'not so experienced but red the documentation and done a course at udemy on jira and just needs a solution'?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.