hi,
I want to add Previous Status condition to transition Closed.
I tried to change workflow so that users can't directly Close the issue - they certainly have to use Step "In Progress" before closing it (somewhere between other Steps, no matter where).
So I added condition to transition "Closed", using "Previous Status" condition with status "In Progress". But if I work with issue I can't directly go from Step "In Progress" to Closed because this is not allowed .. like the Status "In Progress" isn't updated somewhere. So after changing to "In Progress" I have to change it to something else (TODO or QA) to see the button "Closed".
I have tested the "Previous Status" with other options and configurations as well - First I tried with "Most recent status only" (condition's option), Secondly I tried adding "previous status" to transition Validator - no success .. after choosing "In Progress" I can't directly close the issue.
Should I use some kind of Post Function with transition "In Progress" to update/index some fields? Or maybe it isn't working this way because some inner logic of jira?
I have 4 Steps (TODO, In Progress, QA, Closed) and all have global transition (ALL). There isn't any special configuration, just standard workflow. Plugin: JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions latest; jira: 6.1.