In the version 1.4.2 of the External Attachments add-on on Confluence 5.8.14, I am unable to upload an external attachment.
Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 1.36.45 PM.png
In the above screenshot, if I were to enter a "Name" and a URL to a publicly shared (no sign in required) document on OneDrive, pressing the "Upload" button does nothing and "Insert" stays grayed out.
How do I attach external documents to a Confluence page?
Dragging the files onto the Confluence page is generally less problematic than any other method.
How do I drag a remote file that is being referenced by a URL into a Confluence page?
You mentioned OneDrive. Just open your OneDrive folder and drag the file onto the Confluence page.
Keep in mind that neither the attach dialog nor the drag method will maintain a connection to the external file. A version of the file will now reside within Confluence and be completely disconnected from the file in OneDrive.
That defeats the purpose of using the external attachment add-on.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.