Hello all,
we run our JIRA instance under two hostnames, one for internal (Intranet) users and one for external users (public internet). Authentication happens via LDAP against our Active Directory. In addition we have some local users as well (local meaning authenticated against the JIRA local user directory).
For the external authentication I would rather use https for obvious reasons. Internally this is not a requirement.
JIRA has the URL scheme coded in the application properties so it is either or for the whole instance. Now comes my weird idea and I am asking the community (especially the folks at Atlassian) whether this will work.
I would run 2 instances in parallel. Each instance would be a full installation. One would be configured as http, the other would be configured as https. To avoid the "locking" problem of the jira-data directory, those would be separate as well. What would be shared is
- the underlying database
- the data subdirectory of jira-data (via a symlink)
Now: will this work? Is it supported?
Best regards
Maba