Hi,
I'm trying to install Confluence 4.0 using the atlassian-confluence-4.0-x64.bin linux installer executable.
However I can't get past the question about the port numbers to be used. Every port number I define for the control port gets rejected for being in use, even if they aren't (I've checked this using "netstat -tlnp"). The error message is:
Use default ports (HTTP: 8090, Control: 8000) - Recommended [1, Enter], Set custom value for HTTP and Control ports [2]
1
The Control port you have chosen appears to be in use. Please choose a different port number.
Configure which ports Confluence will use.
Confluence requires two TCP ports that are not being used by any other
applications on this machine. The HTTP port is where you will access
Confluence through your browser. The Control port is used to Startup and
Shutdown Confluence.
If I use "strace -f" on the installer to check the system calls leading to the error message, I get the following output (notice the -1 return value on the last bind(2) call):
30957 read(3, "\312\376\272\276\0\0\0001\0\r\1\0\3()V\1\0\25(Ljava/lang/S"..., 208) = 208
30957 socket(PF_INET6, SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_IP) = 23
30957 setsockopt(23, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR, [1], 4) = 0
30957 bind(23, {sa_family=AF_INET6, sin6_port=htons(8090), inet_pton(AF_INET6, "::", &sin6_addr), sin6_flowinfo=0, sin6_scope_id=0}, 28) = 0
30957 listen(23, 50) = 0
30957 dup2(24, 23) = 23
30957 close(23) = 0
30957 socket(PF_INET6, SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_IP) = 23
30957 setsockopt(23, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR, [1], 4) = 0
30957 bind(23, {sa_family=AF_INET6, sin6_port=htons(8000), inet_pton(AF_INET6, "::", &sin6_addr), sin6_flowinfo=0, sin6_scope_id=0}, 28) = 0
30957 listen(23, 50) = 0
30957 dup2(24, 23) = 23
30957 close(23) = 0
30957 socket(PF_INET6, SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_IP) = 23
30957 setsockopt(23, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR, [1], 4) = 0
30957 bind(23, {sa_family=AF_INET6, sin6_port=htons(8000), inet_pton(AF_INET6, "::ffff:127.0.0.1", &sin6_addr), sin6_flowinfo=0, sin6_scope_id=0}, 28) = -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)
30957 dup2(24, 23) = 23
30957 close(23) = 0
30957 write(1, "The Control port you have chosen"..., 95) = 95
30957 futex(0x40b5a414, FUTEX_WAKE_OP_PRIVATE, 1, 1, 0x40b5a410, {FUTEX_OP_SET, 0, FUTEX_OP_CMP_GT, 1}) = 1
Does anyone have ideas how to get around this problem? Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Sven