I'm on the prowl for two plugins to expand JIRA. I've searched the marketplace, but I came up empty. Nonetheless, I thought I'd ask here for suggestions.
- Subscription plugin. JIRA allows subscriptions to be set up by groups, but I'd like to take it one step further. I'd like JIRA to allow subscriptions by project role. For example, anyone with project role of Project Lead would get a list of issues that are late for their assigned projects.
- Watcher plugin. I like that Autowatcher adds users who comments as watchers, but I'm beginning to see that can feel a bit spammy for power commenters. Imagine a plugin that does something like the following to avoid spam:
- Fred comments and is added as a watcher.
- Someone else updates the issue.
- Fred receives an email about the update. This email also contains a link that Fred must click to remain as a watcher. If not clicked, Fred is removed as a watcher.
Does anyone have any suggestions on either or both?