My server is going bad. Need to move Confluence to a new server. Is there a guide in doing that?
Hi Robert,
The XML backup can be utilized but is often memory intensive. You will have more success with the XML backup/restore option if you allot more memory to the JVM. Instructions on altering the memory settings can be found here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Fix+Out+of+Memory+Errors+by+Increasing+Available+Memory
If you run into any errors, please feel free to contact support by creating a support request at http://support.atlassian.com
Best Regards,
Ryan Goodwin
Confluence/Crowd Support
Atlassian - San Francisco
Hi,
I believe this guide will help you: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Migrating+Confluence+Between+Servers
Cheers,
Peter
thanks, I'll give it a try.
Note, DONT do the XML backup. Follow the advice in most sections of that page and do a manual database backup/restore.
I followed the documentationand finally got it to work. So far so good. I appreciate all of the input.
I followed the documentation and finally got it to work. So far so good. I appreciate all of the input.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.