One of my teams need to automatically assign incoming issues to the reporter of that issue. Does Jira 4.3.4 support this configuration for a single project?
I think that would be pretty straightforward. Create a workflow with a post-function that sets assignee to reporter on issue creation, then assign the workflow to the project.
Thank you. As it is sometimes, you can get too close to the trees to see the forest.
That sounds pretty straightforward. Create a workflow (or copy the one currently being used by that project) that has a post function on the create issue transition to set assignee to reporter. I'm using version 3.13, and even in that version there's an option "Assign to Reporter - Assigns the issue to the reporter".
Additionally, I would remove the assignee from the create screen, to avoid confusing users.
i Want The value of assignee should automatically come in the create screen of the isasue and will be equal to Reporter.
How we can achieve this please help its urgent.
How we can achieve this please help its urgent??
Certainly, one could create permissions such that a user has Create but not Assign permission (e.g. as in helpdesk use). Then, the Assignee would be hidden from the create screen for these users. it all depends on the use case.
See above. If you mean you want the assignee to SHOW on the create screen and default from the Reporter, I don't know if that could be done. Maybe via Javascript.
Thanks for your quick responce Neal Applebaum
, you are right we can achieve that by Java Script but where can i find that code.
Please arrange the code for me.
Sorry, I can't help you write Javascript for that.
Ok Neal,
I Have one more issue.
I want to restrict a number custom field value to 5 digits
and i want taht only for a Number field that will not affect to whole Jira.
How can i achieve this please let me know??
and i want taht only for a Number field and that will not affect to whole Jira number custom filesds .
Please create a new comment thread for your question. Again, you may need Javascript. Also, search the forum for similar posts.
Cheers
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.