On this page...
https://laddawn1.atlassian.net/wiki/display/web/Design+Group+Tasks
... my full excerpts are showing when I use the Content by Label macro, but not when I use the Display Children macro - only one word in the excerpt is appearing. My excerpts are simple 2 column, two row tables; only the contents of the first cell are appearing (and not as formatted using the status macro). We need to use the Display Children macro rather than the Content by Label Macro in order to support the way we are using Confluence to manage issues.
This turned out to be a known bug with Confluence On-Demand: "this issue is related to a known error from Confluence Advanced Macros plugin, which doesn't have a workaround available so far. "
Please vote for it on the studio plugins site. https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/ADVMACROS-233
My original trouble ticket: https://support.atlassian.com/browse/JST-45881
Hello everyone
Is there any update of this issue ?
Do anyone have any workaround for this ?
would love to know one as well (tables and status indicators used in excerpts don't appear in children lists)
This also does not work within Confluence 5.5, not just the On-Demand version.
I just had a very similar problem, in Confluence 5.8.4: My Children Display macro has "Include Excerpt" checked, but the full excerpt isn't included–just the first line. very frustrating.
Also, I don't seem to be able to remove the Excerpt macro or change which text is part of the excerpt without deleting the entire excerpt and having to re-create the text. This doesn't seem very useful–how do I remove the excerpt without having to re-write the text?
This is apparently the desired behaviour. According to [documentation for the macro](https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/children-display-macro-139501.html): "If you have an excerpt macro on any of the returned pages, checking this option will display the first line of the excerpt." Not sure why it should work differently than {excerpt-include} (this is really excerpt-of-the-excerpt) but apparently it does. I actually stumbled across this question trying to find an alternative {children-display} macro that actually includes the complete excerpt.
If you copy the macro from another page that has it, it will work!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.