Hello,
I am trying to add some images to my Readme.md file as

but its not working. when i view the readme, all i see is the plain text
please help
Hi,
You can include an image by specifying the path relative to your repository root directory:

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Michael
thanks michael but i still get the plaintext  also, i cant seem to be able to escape quotes. i tried using \' but this shows up as \' does stash render markdowns differently ?
I've just checked it again:  works as intended. Do you have it on a separate line?
No, it doesn't show image in README on project page. I've tryied both relative links and absolute path to dropbox hosted image (http://*.png) - doesn't work... This is sad.
Get the full path by navigating to your image file, push 'raw file'-button right of the page, copy the path except for the very end (e.g. image.png?at=refs%2Fheads%2Fmaster). In general the path should be https://......../[project_name]/raw/[image_folder]/[image.png]
This works.
This worked for me. I used the absolute path suggested by @Mikko Salonen along with the following format:
.. figure:: https://absolute/path/to/image.png :alt: alias of image
This works only in preview mode (while editing the README.md file inside the bitbucket itself)
How does Atlassian even dare to claim projects are migrating from GitHub into here if it does not support such simple feature...
It's very simple
Just upload your image to the repository root, and link to the filename without any path, like so:

A relative path works just fine, if you are on the master branch.

I changed the README.md file in the development branch, but when pushing changes the images are not showing up. The reason is: because BitBucket looks for the raw images in the master branch.
Thank you a lot.
In each repo's Issue Tracker under Settings, I added an image to the "No issue tracker":
That provided a link that I copied and pasted into the repo's Readme.md file. This works for me and is the same technique some use on GitHub.
Removing spaces from the paths solve this issue for me. Still surprising that in 2k19 we still got issues with spaces inside the path.
This works for me:

ImgName = whatever you want
AbsoluteURL = can copy this from browser, go to the image in your repository, open it and copy the link
ex: https://bitbucket.org/*USER*/*PROJECT*/src/master/.../image.png
ModifiedAbsoluteURL = Take the AbsoluteURL and replace "src" with "raw"
Now your image should be displayed in the ReadMe.
Check the case of both the path and filename are correct.
I had trouble getting a swagger screenshot to load in our readme.md on bitbucket server. The image was one folder deep from root in the resource folder. Resources/SwaggerUI.PNG
When looking at the md file I had, I noted that the case of the path and file name was wrong.
So `resources/swaggerui.png` did not work but setting the correct case did `Resources/SwaggerUI.PNG`
## SwaggerCheck
Simon, I'm also using Bitbucket Server and can only get images to work in markdown when using paths relative to the current file. repo-relative paths don't work, and external links dont work. Is this your experience as well?
It's rather unfortunate, bc it forces us to put images in our git repos, which is less than ideal. I'm using png exported from draw.io - it would be better if I could refer to the file stored elsewhere IMO.
I don't see anywhere in Bitbucket docs or in community about this limitation.
Worked for me after trying a million other things. Thanks!
Yeah our readme is at root too. So we're in the same boat. Could only get the image to render when the path is relative but also when the case matched.
Could not agree more.
It is 2020, is there any way to resize on bb?
 works.
Apparently, it was due to case sensitivity in my case. Changing jpg to caps worked on my test repo. So make sure your path and name of the file is exactly as it is in the repo.
Aparently, bitbucket does not like the minus character when trying to embed an image into a markdown file.
This does NOT work (has minus char in filename)
 works in bitbucket.
This works (minus char removed)
 works in bitbucket.
Cheers
Could you please tell me how can I directly upload an image to an existing directory. I can add images to a comment description but I don't see a way to add it to any repo.
Worked for me. Thanks!
You would have to push the image to the repo same way you'd push the code. Cannot add image from the bitbucket UI. You'd have to do it either using sourcetree or git commandline.
Thank you very much! this solution worked for me.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.