I'm trying to implement some very simple URL's in Confluence to take users to common information. So for example, have the URL http://conf5/phones take the user to a page in a given space that contains information about our company phone system. Using mod_rewrite, I mostly have things the way I want, here is the relevant part of the Apache config:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/phones$ /display/ds/Phones [PT]
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPreserveHost On
<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Proxy>
ProxyPass / http://conf5:8090/
ProxyPassReverse / http://conf5:8090/
ProxyHTMLURLMap / /confluence/
With this configuration, if a user is authenticated and they enter the URL http://conf5/phones, they are taken to the correct page and the browser bar is unchanged. However, if the user is not authenticated, they are taken to the login page, and then following the login, although they are taken to the correct page, I lose the simple URL and it changes back to the *actual* URL http://conf5/display/ds/Phones.
This brings me to my question, how can I preserve the rewritten URL through the authentication process so the user always sees http://conf5/phones in their browser bar?