After a bit of searching, I found that the "$version.getReleaseDate()" function will return a date object that has the information I'm trying to display. But the problem is that I can't figure out how to format the returned object so that it will render as a string in the release notes. It seems like it should be simple, but I just haven't been able to get anything to work. Can anyone provide a function that will format this date as a string?
Thanks,
Jason
Edit - Here's the template I'm trying to use. Everything works except the release date:
#macro (getReleaseNoteComment $issue $customFieldManager)
#set ($customFields = $customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects($issue.project.getLong("id"), $issue.issueType.getString("id")))
#foreach($customField in $customFields)
#if($customField.name.equals("Release Notes"))
#if($customField.getValue($issue))
$textUtils.htmlEncode($customField.getValue($issue))
#end
#end
#end
#end
<title>$action.getText('release.notes.text.title', $project, $version) </title>
<body>
<h1>$action.getText('release.notes.heading', $project, $version)<br>$!dateFormatter.format($version.getReleaseDate())</h1><P>
<table>
<tr>
<td>
#foreach ($issueType in $issueTypes)
#if($issueType.issues.size() > 0)
#if ($textUtils.htmlEncode($issueType.name) == "Bug")
#set ($FixedIssueTypeName = "Resolved Issues")
#elseif ($textUtils.htmlEncode($issueType.name) == "Improvement")
#set ($FixedIssueTypeName = "Enhancements")
#else
#set ($FixedIssueTypeName = $textUtils.htmlEncode($issueType.name))
#end
<h2>$FixedIssueTypeName</h2>
<ol>
#foreach ($issue in $issueType.issues)
<li style="padding-bottom:12pt;"><Strong>[<a xhref='$!appProps.getString("jira.baseurl")/browse/$issue.key'>$issue.key</a>] -
$textUtils.htmlEncode($issue.summary)</Strong><BR>#getReleaseNoteComment($issue $customFieldManager)</li>
#end
</ol>
#end
#end
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>