Trawling through the online documentaion to gather all the required fragments has proved to be too error-prone. Are sample config files available for download?
The problem with "sample" files is that you can guarantee that they will be wrong for your system, and the corrections you'd need to make are probably significantly more complex than trying to "gather all the required fragments". (In fact, the "sample" files I'd start with are in the distribution)
Could you explain where you are stuck on the config though?
I can read from the database (different server) but I can't write, and I get error messages about the session being no longer valid.
A well-commented sample configuration file can be adapted in a day; trying to find answers in the documentation has already taken months.
I could give you my config files. They would be utterly useless to you until you converted them.
The steps you need to take to make my files work for you are exactly the same as the steps involved in taking the files in the EAR/WAR distribution and adapting them to work for you. In fact, adapting mine would be MORE work, because we've got stuff in ours that you probably do not need and could break stuff.
Again, could you explain where you are stuck? What documentation are you following? I've never had any significant problems following the baseline installation from Atlassian, the problems have always been trying to do the odd things the current client wants added.
(Oh, and "can read/can't write" usually implies your database has been set up incorrectly - nothing to do with the application)
The database setup is identical to the one on another Confluence instance, albeit a different version on a different linux distribution. Permissions are set correctly, and I think I missed something somewhere in the database client configuration or set some variable to a wrong value.
As for documentation I'm looking at confluence.atlassian.com under Confluence Configuration Guide for EAR/WAR, picking up fragments of sample configuration files (sometimes without any reference as to which file the current fragment should go in and unclear descriptions).
The other Confluence instance isn't much help either, since that configuration has been through several interations plus updates and upgrades, so there are several instances of config files all over several directories, some of which supersede others.
My task is to build a new instance with a clean configuration, which is easier to maintain (and upgrade).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.