Does anyone have insight into editing email notification templates in /confluence/WEB-INF/atlassian-bundled-plugins/confluence-email-notifications-plugin-x.x.jar? I have been following the instructions here https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/customising-the-email-templates-168001822.html on Confluence 5.5.2, and have searched other forum queries on this topic (one suggesting that “it doesn’t work”).
My goal is to remove the actual content portion of the appropriate SOY file so that when somebody has a watch on a page, they receive a change notification, but the actual content excerpt of the page is not included in the notification. I don’t want users to see what was edited, and I don’t want them to see the excerpt of the original content either. I want to remove that entire “content” box. While I want users to get a notification, for security reasons, I don’t want them to see the content outside the wiki. A user will have to navigate to the wiki page to see the actual content and changes made.
So far I’ve edited the following SOY files, but have not found the desired results:
templates/notification/content-added-1.0.0.soy
templates/content/content-excerpt-pattern-2.0.0.soy
templates/notification/status-updated-1.0.0.soy
templates/notification/page-edited-2.0.0.soy
templates/notification/page-edit-1.0.0.soy
Much thanks,
Chris