Hi - i've used JIRA for issue tracking, but we're now moving over to using it to run workflow & help with visibility. I want to make sure i get the structure right in a large project. Let me explain.
We operate week to week. Within each week we can have a series of campaigns. Within each campaign we have a set of deliverables which are effectively resizes of the same thing. I know you can't do sub projects, but I want to set a structure up that allows us to group the resizes (different files per resize - all kept in Stash) within a campaign and group those campaigns within a week of the year:
i.e.
CLIENT >
.............. >WEEK1
....................>CAMPAIGN1
.......................DELIVERABLE1 (200px x 200px)
.......................DELIVERABLE2 (300px x 500px)
[need to report issues across one or multiple deliverables within a campaign]
....................>CAMPAIGN2
.................>WEEK2
etc
Now we may get issues which affect all the deliverables within a campaign, so our QA may need to assign an issue or a change to a specific deliverable, or all deliverables within a campaign.
We are running around 20 campaigns per week & I don't want to end up with an unwieldy structure.
I wanted to setup each week as a project, then nest campaigns within each week & then use COMPONENTS to define each different deliverable but I'm struggling to find a way to find a neat way to nest a bunch of campaigns within a week (subprojects within a project), so they are seperated out well.
Each campaign has it's own workflow and delivery timeline so I can't just throw everything together
Creating seperate projects for every single campaign will soon become unmanageable.
Help!
Thx !