Hi, my question is focused to solve the problem described in this question: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/87287
Thanks in advance
Begoña
No, you can't have a calculated and editable field, it's a nonsense - either you want to calculate it, or you want the user to enter it, one option will always destroy the other.
I can see a use for two separate fields tied together. A calculated one that displays something, and then an editable one that, at some point in your workflow, is pre-populated from the same calculation the calculated field uses, and then allows the user to edit it. A bit of scripting should do that.
Hi Nic, I agree with you on that is seems not to have sense but, I need to calculate the initial value of a customfield. I've thought in the solution proposed by you in the second parragraf but the problem is.....How can I do in the creation issue to propose an initial value to the users? I have no idea about copying the calculated value into the other editable customfield.....
That's a different story again. You're wanting to pre-populate a field with a calculation before you have any data for it. That's what defaults are for really. But they're not very flexible. Could you explain what you are trying to do?
Yes Nic, I need to create issues with at least 2 customfields: a) A customfield named "Software Element". b) A customfield named "Internal Code" that must meet the following format: Software_Element_value.XXX where XXX are digits c) For the first issue related with an specific "Software Element", I need to propose for "Internal Code" customfield the initial value Software_Element_value.001 Example: PISCIS.001 d) The user must be able to modify this internal code but meeting the right input format. For example: PISCIS.025 is ok e) For the second, thirdh and more issues created and related with the same specific "Software Element", I need to propose for the "Internal Code" customfield the next initial value: Software_Element_value.max(XXX) For example: PISCIS.026 f) Again the user can act the same as in point d) I know this can sound crazy, but I need to reproduce exactly this management of internal codes using JIRA (or at least I need to try it).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.