I'm interested in creating a Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget to go on my dashboard. I am following the instructions on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/adding-the-two-dimensional-filter-statistics-gadget-185729519.html
However, I cannot get past the first step. It appears that all you can do from these directions is pick from a list of preexisting filters. However, I want to create my own filter with it's own name, not overwrite someone else's filter. How do I do that? There are custom filters already in the list so I know it can be done.
Go to "search for issues", use it to find the issues you want to report on, then click "save" at the top of the results. It'll ask you for a name etc.
Ah, so a filter is a filter is a filter. I get it now. I thought this type of filter was different and had to be created differently. Thank you very much for your help.
A filter is a filter is a filter, I could not agree more.
Yep, I've been here a while, so it's ingrained, but I regularly have clients who don't quite make the connection until they've had it explained. So I suspect the JIRA UI doesn't really explain it to people very clearly at first!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.