Hi! I wanted to allow a transition if the assignee is equal to username lsc.pa or if issue.assignee != originalIssue.assignee.
Can anyone help me to achieve this goal? I wanted to implement this as a validator. I am currently using Jira version 6.2.
Try:
issue.assigneeId != originalIssue.assigneeId
or
issue.assignee.getName() == 'myusername'
how can I implement an OR statement in validator?
(issue.assigneeId != originalIssue.assigneeId) ||(issue.assignee.getName() == 'myusername')
Hi Alvin,
here your code :
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue; Issue issue = issue; if(issue.getAssigneeUser().getName().equalsIgnoreCase("username")){ return true; } return false;
What is original issue? A linked issue a specific one? Let me know so that I can provide u the whole code.
Hope this helps,
Fabio
The working code I got based from Boris' answer is below.
issue.assigneeId != originalIssue.assigneeId && issue.assignee.getName() == 'lsc.pa'
Again, thank you so much Boris!
Oh I forgot to answer your question, I am not sure but what I know is that originalIssue in this context 'originalIssue.assigneeId' is an object.
Hi Fabio,
I apprecate a lot for the efforts you extend in helping me on this. The code seems to work as a Script validator in my jira project I am working on. However upon testing the code it does not work as I expected. I don't know if I am missing an import or something is missing in the code.
What I did is that I use the code you provided above provided by Boris:
and instead I use the '&&' operator to achieve my goal. I use it as a simple script validator now and it works greatly!
Thanks Boris, I modified the operator since my condition should be '&&'.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.