We're moving JIRA to a new server. During the installation process at the Set up administrator account we're getting the following error:
- Cannot add user, all the user directories are read-only.
We tried deleting everything and starting over with the default database (not MySQL). Installation went ok.
But again, when reinstalling using MySQL the error returned.
We are copying the java driver to jira's lib folder. JIRA installation process is able to connect and create the required tables. JIRA database user has been granted all permissions to the database. I checked the logs on /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/log/ and /opt/atlassian/jira/logs and cannot find anything in them. MySQL logs are empty.
Process is running with user jira. I checked that the directories owner is jira. JIRA version on new server is the latest. Java version is Oracle's 1.8.0_60. MySQL version: 5.6.25-0ubuntu0.15.04.1 and MySQL Java connector: 5.1.37.
I don't know what else to check.
Please help us,
Thanks