I have JIRA 4.4.1. I'm trying to figure out how to properly disable weak ssl ciphers in Apache. I've tried the steps listed here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Default+SSL+ciphers+too+weak, but they aren't working for me. Can anyone assist?
Are you talking about Tomcat or apache httpd ?
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/ssl/ssl_howto.html#onlystrong
on tomcat:
<connector port="443" maxhttpheadersize="8192" address="12.34.56.78" enablelookups="false" disableuploadtimeout="true" acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true" clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="SSL" ciphers="SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5, SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA, TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA, TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA, TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA, SSL_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA, SSL_DHE_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA, SSL_DHE_DSS_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA" keystoreFile="whateverkeystorefile.key" keystorePass="keystorePassword" truststoreFile="whatevertruststorefile.trst" truststorePass="truststorePassword"/>
Tomcat. And I tried exactly that. It's not working for me.
Enable a single SSL cipher. Say: ciphers="SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5"
ciphers="SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5"
If it works, it means that the string is wrong (maybe a comma or something ?). Ciphers are case-sensitive, any error in the string makes Tomcat to ignore them. Add them one by one, separated by comma.
I realize what happened. I was using the wrong test for SSL ciphers. Everything was configured fine.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.