Hi,
We run Stash which is connnected to the company active directory. We have noticed with two users now that suddenly their PCs are unable to interact with stash at all (can't pull, push, clone). We do not use putty or any ssh keys. However both users do have putty installed. I have eliminated certain things:
- They can clone from elsewhere (also push and pull). They can interact with git repositories that require no authentication (github, other repositories on the local network)
- On another PC that user can access the stash server and interact.
These two things suggest that there is nothing wrong with the user profile on stash (permissions etc are fine)
What I have summised from this is that the user has something in their profile (windows profile) that is causing the problem. We deleted one of these users entire profile and reconstituted it and this resolved the issue. This is obviously not an ideal solution.
My question is what do I need to delete from the users profile to make sure that they can authenticate with stash properly. A normal user gets prompted for their password when interacting with stash but these users do not get this request.
I have searched for an answer for ages but can't seem to find someone with a similar problem.
Any help would be appreciated.
Haemish