Hi there,
I know that JIRA isn't supported on Mac OSX but it does work for us just fine.
I'm just looking to upgrade our standalone instance from v5.1 up to v6.1.5 and can't decide the best way to do it. We're using an external dB which is a mySQL instance.
If we were running on Linux or Windows i'd opt for the rapid upgrade method, but it doesn't look like that will work for me - so my question is will I have to do the following or is there a shortcut?
1. Do a full backup of JIRA, the JIRA home directory and the dB.
2. Do a fresh install of JIRA 6.1.5 into a clean directory and a clean dB.
3. Restore the backup.
The annoyance is that i'll have to update all the JIRA config files as I did on the initial setup, and I was hoping I could keep much of the config or perform a more rapid method.
Many thanks in advance, Ed.