Hi there, I'm in the process of setting up a local Confluence Server on Windows Server 2008 R2.
It's currently running properly on the default localhost:8090, now I'd like to get it running on my local domain so that other computers on the network can access it.
I'm following this guide https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/proxying-atlassian-server-applications-with-microsoft-internet-information-services-iis-833931378.html to make Confluence available throughout my local network using IIS. Something like www.mylocaldomain.com/confluence or even confluence.mylocaldomain.com.
Unfortunately there are a few steps in the guide that I can't quite act on!
- The Prerequisites mention the following regarding DNS
DNS entries in place and configured for your domains
You should check, perhaps with your system or network administrator, whether the current DNS configuration for your organization will need changes to support the proxy topology you wish to set up.
This is too vague to be helpful. I know everybody's setup is different, and it can be difficult to accomodate that, but let's assume a fresh Windows Server 2008 R2 installation - What are the DNS configuration requirements? I don't know.
2. "Part B Step 3. Add a new IIS website" is missing information on what the physical path should be. What folder do I point this to? 'None' isn't an option. The Microsoft Article linked is not helpful, I need to know what Confluence requires, not what Microsoft best practices are.
Capture.PNG
3. "4. Add a new URL rewrite rule", particularly step 5: "Rewrite URL: http://<JIRA_url:Port>/{R:1}" is confusing. I thought this was a Confluence tutorial? Does <JIRA_url> refer to the website I just created? Does it refer to localhost:8090? Something else?
I'm ready to buy a Confluence licence but the software has to function as intended first. I'd appreciate any help you can spare, thanks a lot.