Hey there,
I want to get all issue keys of a project via Rest. Is there any method for that?
In the api I do not find any method there for.
hi.
you can trigger all issus of a project just like a jql query...
find more details here
http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/
f.e.
/rest/api/2/search?jql=project="Your Project Key"
https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+REST+API+Example+-+Query+issues
Hi C. Faysal,
This gives you just first 50 issues, how can i get all the issues? I have around 1348
Same problem here. Do I have to make two calls in order to get all issues?
This is everything I could find regarding "maxResults": the maximum number of issues to return (defaults to 50). The maximum allowable value is dictated by the JIRA property 'jira.search.views.default.max'. If you specify a value that is higher than this number, your search results will be truncated.
The problem is, that you may not know how many there are before doing the query. And setting the value to some randomly high number feels wrong. I really don't know why it has to be that complicated. Why is the default 50 and not 'all'?
For everyone who has the same issue: Just use -1 as value for maxResults. That 'somehow' works.
some requests as:/rest/api/2/search?jql=project="Your Project Key"&startAt="start"&maxResults="max"
where max limit is 1000. If you try a number greather than 1000 rest api returns only 1000 results.You must to look "total" param in response to know how many request have to do.
FYI look at pagination section: https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/
Regards
I tried with "/rest/api/2/search?jql=project" and works.
However for entire string like /rest/api/2/search?jql=project="Your Project Key"&startAt="start"&maxResults="max" , 404 not found error is returned.
I am using JIRA 6.2. Is it not supported?
Please provide space before and after '&'rest/api/2/search?jql=project="Your Project Key" & startAt="start" & maxResults="max"
Hi All,
What doe the APIs look like if I want:
1 - Get all the sprint IDs of a project?
2 - Get all the issues in a specific sprint?
I'm new to the API syntax and looks like the API docs did not explain the syntax well. I'm continue to loop at the API doc and its API examples while waiting for some good tips.
Thanks a lot guys
J.N
I found the example page where it describes how to do all these.
Thanks anyway folks
Would you like to share this example page maybe @John Nguyen ?
The info is on this page:
https://docs.atlassian.com/jira-software/REST/7.3.1/?_ga=2.177837733.1033309859.1522889934-840028647.1519778192#agile/1.0/board/{boardId}/sprint-getAllSprints
Hope it helps.
I have the same issue with worklogs, I can not get more than the first 20,
I tried all the parameters specified in the Jira pagination spec, ex:
/issue/GPIM-7136?fields=worklog&startAt=15/issue/GPIM-7136?fields=worklog&maxResults=10
/issue/GPIM-7136?fields=worklog&startAt=15
/issue/GPIM-7136?fields=worklog&maxResults=10
/issue/GPIM-7136?maxResults=10
I am always getting back
"fields": { "worklog": { "startAt": 0, "maxResults": 20, "total": 43,
Sorted, found this dedicated question https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-get-list-of-worklogs-through-JIRA-REST-API/qaq-p/533633.
So there are two things one has to do..
URL: https://<server>/rest/api/2/search?jql=project=<YourProjectKey>&maxResults=0
{ "startAt": 0, "maxResults": 0, "total": 22114, "issues": [] }
for startIndex in range(0, 22114, 1000): search on URL: "https://<server>/rest/api/2/search?jql=project=<YourProjectKey>&fields=key,summary,description&maxResults=1000&startAt={startIndex}"
This should be the top answer IMO. Thanks a lot!
just sharing my resolution to the concatenation of results , and getting all the info
i have a jira query function in perl
, which is called for every jql i need and return a ref to all the issues that come back so i am calling the function as follow :
defining the max results jira allows to retrieve:
use constant { JIRA_MAX_RESULTS => 1000,};
initialize my jql :
my $jira_Jql = 'project = "GIGI" and type in ("Bug" , "Minor Bug") ';
define which return columns I need (instead of getting big hash back this will narrow it a bit ) :
my $returnedColumns = [ qw/key/ ];
or another example to get key + status :my $returnedColumns = [ qw/key status/ ];and I call the function :
my $jiraResultsRef = queryJira($jira_Jql, $returnedColumns);
:the function itself looks as below and iterate via the results
first it run the jql with maxresults = 0 to get the number of results which exist,
then based on that it initializes the amount of iterations need to do in order to get all the info .
last stage is to concatenate the results and returning the ref to this array .
use JIRA::REST;
sub queryJira { my ($jira_Jql, $returnedColumns) = @_;# set Connection to the jira API. $_jiraUrl = "http://$_jira_host:$_jira_port"; $_jiraConnection = JIRA::REST->new({ url => $_jiraUrl, username => $_jira_user, password => $_jira_pass, });# return search total number of results my $queryTotalOfResults = $_jiraConnection->POST('/search', undef, { jql => $jira_Jql, startAt => 0, maxResults => 0, fields => $returnedColumns, });#check the amount of issues returned :my $totalResultsNumber = $queryTotalOfResults->{total};
# dividing the number with the jira's MAX results which are allowed via "ceil" which will give the number of iteration needed my $numberOfIterations = ceil ($totalResultsNumber / JIRA_MAX_RESULTS) ; print ("\n \$totalResultsNumber: $totalResultsNumber \n \$numberOfIterations : $numberOfIterations \n\n");my $queryResults; my @_returnedResults ;if (not $totalResultsNumber) #if no results found { return; }#assuming there are result start looping : for(my $counter=0; $counter <= $numberOfIterations; $counter++) { $queryResults = $_jiraConnection->POST('/search', undef, { jql => $jira_Jql, startAt => ($counter*JIRA_MAX_RESULTS), maxResults => JIRA_MAX_RESULTS, fields => $returnedColumns, });#and concatenate them to one big happy @_returnedResults@_returnedResults = ( @_returnedResults, @{$queryResults->{issues}} ); }# making sure i got the same amount of keys returned :print ("\n total of keys in the hash :" . (scalar @_returnedResults) . "\n" ); return \@_returnedResults;}
The real MVP
When i use this,
search on URL: "https://<server>/rest/api/2/search?jql=project=<YourProjectKey>&fields=key,summary,description&maxResults=1000&startAt={startIndex}"
I got 100 issues, unlike before I only have 50, but I want more than hundreds of issues
Specify maxResults=None, This worked for me.
I was able to get all the results from jira.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.