I need/would like to break up my categories in jira. I'm currently using 4.3.3. What version do I need to upgrade to get more granularity in my categories?
None of them.
Your main option is to vote for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5721 and wait.
I'd also recommend having a think about using the "profields" plugin to add project fields (so you'd have a field like "business unit" or something on every project), and alos have a look for the "structure" plugin which can add a lot more layers.
Thanks for pointing me towards those plugins. They look interesting. Not sure what the workflow is for the structure plugin but it's something to think about.
There's not really a "workflow" for Structure, it mostly lets you add many layers to issues (i.e. more than the stnadard category/project/issue/subtask)
You can use Project Organizer for JIRA plugin for this.
Oh, good. Thanks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.