Greetings, I have a small team that is working on one project in JIRA. We are bringing on someone that we need to give limited access to only issues that are assigned to them. I have tried everything and im sure it’s a simple answer - please help!
This sounds like an issue security question. Try reading up on Issue Level Security. This link is for the 5.1 version of JIRA, but you can search the documentation for whatever version you are using.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Configuring+Issue-level+Security
How about setting the Browse Project permission in the project's permission scheme to Current Assignee?
Also, you might want to create a new project role/group, add your existing users to this role/group, and then add this role/group to the Browse Project permission as well? This will allow them to view any issue within the same project, while maintaining this user to view only issues assigned to them.
Justin, I have tried that and it gives that single user access to the entire project - not just issues assigned to him.
Indeed, Jared. The function of the Browse Project permission is to allow users to browse projects so that they can create issues. Since you've added the Current Assignee to the Browse Project permission, he/she can browse the project but only view the issues that are assigned to them.
I believe that this is how JIRA works.
thanks though. hmmmm. . . currently if they are a single user in the Browse Projects then they can simple click the Issues tab and see all the issues.
hmmm - that simply allows them to view everything in the project. Im playing around with the permisssions scheme right now. Maybe if I set up a group for just that one person and limit the permissions?
You mean if you are using the default settings (which is Project Role (Users))? Or Current Assignee?
If it is the default, then anyone can view any projects in the instance; provided they are in the Users project role for all projects. If not, they can only view projects that they are configured in that specific role.
If you just set the Current Assignee to that permission alone, then users can only view issues assigned to them.
If you were to mix the Current Assignee and a group that contains your existing users (excluding the limited user), then all of your existing users can view all issues; and the limited user can only view the issues assigned to them at present.
Hmm, from what I understand from your requirements, is this what you would like:
Can you confirm if this is what you would prefer, as this is what I understand from your question above:
"We are bringing on someone that we need to give limited access to only issues that are assigned to them..." "...that simply allows them to view everything in the project..." "...it gives that single user access to the entire project..."
"We are bringing on someone that we need to give limited access to only issues that are assigned to them..."
"...that simply allows them to view everything in the project..."
"...it gives that single user access to the entire project..."
If you can clarify this, this will be great!
Randall is right. Define one security level (set it as default) with following members:
then apply this security level to all your issues (via bulk update - you would need the permission set security level)
Hello, I have read through this and I am still struggling. May I add my scenario, it may be similar but any help is appreciated.1 Project, 1 admin, 2 devs and I simply want devs to not be able to see unaasigned issues.
I realize that has been asked before but I am stuggling to make it work.
Could someone lay out a step by step resolution once and for all?
Thank you
You are right @Justin Alex [ServiceRocket].
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.