The title of my question is a post-function reference here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracloud/advanced-workflow-configuration-735941233.html
But, I don't have that post-function. Where is it?
And, does it work on custom fields with usernames in them to send an email...when I finally have the post function?
There are five post-functions added to every transition automatically and they cannot be removed. One of them is "fire an event". Have a look at your post-functions and you'll see it there. You will not be able to remove it either, all you can do is change the event to another.
Yes, it works on custom fields - you can put in a field like "cc these users", make it a user picker, and then refer directly in the notification scheme.
Sorry, I'm not getting it. I see the generic event. I can change it to "Issue Updated." Now I have to create a listener event?
No. There's no such thing as a "listener event". There are events, and listeners. Listeners listen for events and do things when they catch them. There is a listener built into JIRA that listens for all events and generates emails based on rules given to it in a notification scheme. I think this question is moving into "what are you trying to achieve?" territory - forget what JIRA is doing internally for the moment, tell us what you want to happen.
Great, it might not be as complicated as I'm thinking it could be. I have two custom user fields to identify reviewers. When a "ready for review" transition is chosen in the workflow (and after the two users are added in the window), I would like to have JIRA email the people in the custom field that they were ID in an issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.