I have a problem setting up a trusted connection between JIRA and counfluence. I followed the instructions here http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Setting+Up+Trusted+Communication+between+JIRA+and+Confluence. I am using Confluence 3.5.11 and JIRA 4.4.3 and I am unable to set up the trusted connection from either direction.
I really only want to be able to insert JIRA issues into Confluence. I had the JIRA admin set up Incoming Authentication using Trusted Applications link to Confluence using URL of the form http:\\abc:8080. (All these servers are internal if that matters). He left the IP and Timeout blank and used the following URL patterns:
/plugins/servlet/streams
/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest
/secure/RunPortlet
/rest
/rpc/soap
When he clicks apply, he gets the following error:
Unable to retrieve the application's certificate: org.apache.commons.httpclient.ConnectTimeoutException: The host did not accept the connection within timeout of 10000 ms
The server URL is correct so that isn't the issue. On the Confluence side, I set up Outgoing Authentication to use Trusted communication. I didn't have any options for configuration here, only a 'Press apply to enable Trusted Applications' button.
How can I resolve this problem? Both server URLs have been verified so that isn't the problem. Is there some step that I am missing or is there a workaround to fix this issue?