Hi,
I trying to create an issue via JIRA 7 Reast API but creation is failed with message "XSRF check failed"
Please see attached screenshot:
jira-rest.png
According documentation (here https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/how-to-update-your-add-on-779302412.html#Howtoupdateyouradd-on-XSRFProtectionenabledbydefault and here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/KB/Cross+Site+Request+Forgery%28CSRF%29+protection+changes+in+Atlassian+Rest)
if i understood correctly, xsrf check should not performs for post requests with Content-Type: application/json But I get the eroror 403 with message "XSRF check failed".
Also I tryed to add header X-Atlassian-Token: no-check and there are no any effect.
This behavior is actual for JIRA 7. There is no this issue in the previous versions.
Can you please clarify why "XSRF check failed" occured for post requests with Content-Type: application/json? May be something wrong on my requests or JIRA configuration?
Thanks.
I was a bit baffled as I noticed the REST call worked with Chrome, but not with Firefox, no matter which Plugin I used (not even editing the call with F12).
After some testing I found the solution:It turns out to be that the REST API has problems with the default User-Agent String of Firefox, e.g. (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0)
Overwrite the User-Agent String with some dummy value, and it will work
postDataFirefox.png
header X-Atlassian-Token: no-check should work. Are you sure you are sending it correctly?
Yes, I think it is correct usage:
It seems, it is firefox related issue. Becuse issues creation is successful via other REST clients.
Hello Mikhail,
have you found a solution for your problem, because I have the same issue and I would really appreciate it if you could share your solution with me.
Sincerely Tobias
I am having the same issue when using the REST API, if you found a solution can you please share it with the community?
Regards,
Mircea
The Header should be "X-Atlassian-Token: nocheck"
Thanks for the post.
I found this solution worked with JQuery ajax call to the Bamboo Rest API as well.
The ajax function would work properly in IE but Firefox and Chrome returned the error "403 XSRF check failed"
Hi all, with JSON it looks like this to create an issue in JIRA via REST request:
{"Post Jjira Issue":{"method":"POST","url":"http://...yourjiraurl.../rest/api/2/issue/","body":"{ "fields":{ "project": { "key": "...yourjiraprojectkey..." }, "summary": "No REST for the Wicked.", "description": "Creating of an issue using key for project and name for issue type using the REST API", "issuetype": { "name": "Bug" }}}","overrideMimeType":false,"headers":[["Authorization","Basic ...yourbase64loginstring..."],["Content-Type","application/json"],["User-Agent","xx"],["X-Atlassian-Token","nocheck"]]}}
It works!
this should be fixed! is there a bug for this open? this is rediculous! it did cost me always half a day - and is defenitly depending on the agent string -> this should not be the case
also there are misguiding information about no-check vs nocheck...
or it is depending on the agent string...
It is also possible to whitelist any number of domains in Jira, so that they bypass XFRS security.
This issue illustrates how to do that:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-59551
So I ran into this issue while writing an App and for me two things solved the error
1. If proxying the request: Send the actual hostName of the HTTPS Proxy
2. Do NOT send the "User-Agent" Header.
Hey, thanks for posting what worked for you!
1. Could you clarify what you mean by sending the actual hostName? Send it how, in what attribute?
2. How did you avoid sending the "User-Agent" header? My impression is that modern browsers prevent this these days. When I try, I get errors in Chrome: 'Refused to set unsafe header "User-Agent"'.
I'm still having this isssue, I'm writing a figma plugin which runs in the browser, and i'm getting an XSRF check failed request response when making an api post
+1 issue with getting error "XSRF check failed". This issue is only present when using Chrome browser (87.0.4280.88 on OSX) to post javascript request to Atlassian Jira API. Example request https://digitaloperative.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/search
Not an issue for Safari or Firefox
.
As of Jan 11 2021, also an issue on Safari and Firefox.
I'm just out of this issue. For my experience it wasn't a problem related to the browser. I had XSRF check failed both with Firefox and Chrome.I was trying to attach a file to an issue with rest API.Using Python or curl it worked. But using axios, inside the plugin, was creating me a lot of problems.I tried all the suggested solutions. It's not possible to change "User-Agent": as @[deleted] said browers prevent this. After countless attempts I succeeded in attaching file with these lines of code.
var attachheaders = { headers: { 'X-Atlassian-Token': 'no-check', 'Content-Type': 'multipart/form-data' } };var attachrest = '/rest/api/latest/issue/'+this.issueKey+'/attachments';var attachdata = new FormData();attachdata.append('file', this.attachedFile);axios.post( attachrest, attachdata, attachheaders ).then(response => { console.log(response); if (response.status == 200) { // do something here } }).catch(error => { console.log(error.response); }).finally(() => { // do something here });
Inserting a comment I had a 400 error, and logging error on the console I noted that the real error was due to the data block bad formatted.The header is different and also the data block.So the correct code (using axios) is (for my experience):
var commentrest = '/rest/api/latest/issue/'+this.issueKey+'/comment';var commentdata = {'body' : 'MY NEW COMMENT'};var commentheaders = { headers: { 'X-Atlassian-Token': 'no-check', 'Content-Type': 'application/json' } };axios.post(commentrest, commentdata, commentheaders ).then(response => { // etc etc.
If I well remember in comment headers the 'X-Atlassian-Token': 'no-check' is useless but I am using it the same.I hope this helps. Just a my opinion about Atlassian example on api rest. Maybe some more examples in addition to simple curl command line could be more useful.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.