Hi Expert,Can I change field name and type of the "Summary" Field which is system field in Jira?
Could you please let me know regarding this issue?
Thanks
Mohin
can you explain little bit more on your requirement?
I would like to edit "summary" field and also field type
If you want to change only the name of the Summary field, you can create a customized translation for jira.
Changing its type, as far as I know, is not possible because is an internal field. But you can always define a new Custom Field with the name and type of your choice, and modify the Field configurations / screens related to your project to use it *instead* of the original Summary field ...
HTH
You can't change type or name of the summary field.
what do you want to achive through this?
edit field name (summary) or edit content of the summary field?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.