Hi, I try to hide the people directory following this manualhttp://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Hiding+the+People+Directory
But I cannot find necessary lines in global.vmd file. Maybe this manual not actualized for confluence 3.5.4? How to edit the global.vmd for my confluence instance?
Why are you looking in global.vmd if you've got Confluence 3.5?
The document clearly states that editing the global.vmd is "Procedure for Confluence 2.5.2 to 2.9.x. only"
Try the setting in the properties file as it says.
Why don't you simply add a little stylesheet snippet to your global administration -> Stylesheets section
#people-directory-link, #dashboard-people-directory-link { display:none; }
This will remove the people directory link from the dashboard and from the global menu.
Because you can easily bypass that, there are links in other places, and there is a documented way of doing it properly.
As far as I understand there is no any other solution?
There are two ways to do it discussed here. Sandro's tweak will remove the link, but not prevent people getting to the directory in other ways. The better way to do it is in the documentation you originially read (and picked up the wrong part of)
Another question for me is, how I can create my own menu insteat of "People" and "Spaces"??I found the code block.
Do anybody know how to add them?
Regards, Chris
You can use web-item in atlassian-plugin.xml:
<web-item key="my-own-menu-link" section="system.header/left" weight="60"> <description key="my-own-menu-description">Simple link to my-own-menu.</description> <label key="MyOwnMenu"/> <link linkId="my-own-menu-link">/</link></web-item>
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.