I have a jpg file containing a customer logo. I sucessfully use the file as a space logo and I can insert it into a wiki page with no problem. However, when I add it to a gallery, which includes several other jpg files, it does not display. I see only a white space. I get the same results in IE, Chrome, and Firefox.
Are there upper limits to any of the properties of a file that would affect this? This file is large. The image size is 9"X5", 300ppi, and the file size is 358kb while the other attached jpgs are in the 17-25kb range. I've tried resizing the file down as far as 3"X1", but that doesn't help either.
Interestingly enough, even at 3"x1", which is now smaller than at least one other working image, this file is still 63KB. Jpgs don't have a preview layer, do they? I'm not a graphic guru but it seems like there is something about this file that I'm missing. I did my downsizing using Adobe Photoshop. I don't know what tool was used to create the original file.
UPDATE: just noticed that searching for this attached file does not work either. I tried to use the shortcut ([) to insert a link to the jpg file. The auto-complete never offered any matches, so I chose Search. It says no match is found. I clicked Attachments and I get 'error while communicating with the server'. If I try the same steps with one of the other jpg files, the auto-complete provided the file name while I was typing. I clicked Search anyway and it found the file, as expected. Wierd!