I have just upgraded Confluence from v 5.4 to v 5.7 on Windows Server (32-bit). Attempting to start the Atlassian Confluence service using the Windows Services Applet fails because the path to the executable is incorrect ("C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\bin\tomcat6.exe").
As you can see, previously it was starting tomcat6.exe but 5.7 installs tomcat7.exe instead.
In the Registry there are two entries for Confluence - SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/Confluencexxxx and Confluenceyyyy (where xxxx and yyyy are long integers). The v 5.4 entry has 8 settings, one of which is ImagePath pointing to tomcat6.exe, the other Confluence entry has only one setting ImagePath which points to tomcat7.exe, but no other settings.
It therefore appears that the installer failed to correctly register the new service.
Can anyone advise me as to what the correct sc command line options are for Confluence v 5.7 so that I can remove the old Confluence service and install the new one?
EDIT
It actually got worse when I found that I was unable to unzip the back-up zip files to in order to restore v 5.4. These .zip files appear to contain files with names that 'mirror' sub-directory names and therefore prevent extraction. Fortunately, a simple copy of the Confluence Home directory had been manually made immediately prior to the upgrade attempt. I finally resorted to downloading the v5.4 installer to perform a re-install and overwrote the Home directory with the manually-made copy. So there are now two questions: * why did the v5.7 installer fail to properly create a Windows service? * why did the .zip files created as backups of the v5.4 home and installation by the v5.7 installer contain files with names that mirror directory names?