Setup: So our system comprises of Jira, Crowd and a third party system. We use Crowd for user authentication for both Jira and our third party system. We use an alternative method for authenticating users in our third party app and then use that authentication to allow the user to automatically log into crowd.
Issue: We're able to use REST to authenticate into crowd using only a username as is provided by the REST API of crowd, but I can't see anyway to get the same result for Jira as I want them to also be automatically signed into Jira. In particular I need the Jira token in order to be able to have the user make changes in Jira using our application.
Additional Info: I have single sign-on already enabled (so if I log into crowd directly using username/password I get logged into Jira as well), so it's not a problem with single sign-on from what I can tell.
Is there any way to do that? Is there any detail I need to get this working?