I am building a standard project dashboard for our development projects in Confluence. We use JIRA for tracking, essentially, ANYthing that moves during development. I would like to avoid, when building the template, having to manually create the JIRA queries common to all projects over and over but differing only, for example the JIRA key. With Bob Smith's help, I've been able to use page metadata values I've set to substitute search parameters in SQL queries to suck in project accounting information. I'd like to do the same with JIRA for a variety of issue displays in the dashboard. In detail:
I use the metadata 2 plugin to set page metadata values with the following:
{metadata-list}
| projectcode | A1234 |
| jirakey | BOBO |
{metadata-list}In the SQL queries, I've been able to use:
select actual from gates where project_code = '{metadata-from:projectcode}' and gate = 'S4'I want to do the same with the JQL queries; for example:
project = {metadata-from:jirakey} and status != closedHowever, when I put this in the JIRA issues macro, It simply reads that as entered and, surprise surprise, the query doesn't work.
Any thoughts on how to use metadata (or any other kind of variable substitution) on an issue query made from Confluence?