Hi i would like to know whether we can subscribe a filter which can send me the list of issues based on the filter with an attachment in XLS format .....
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks in advance
The email functions in Jira do not support the sending of attachments (yet), so the answer is "no"
Unless you find or write something to do it for you, of course. I do not remember seeing any plugins for this specifically, but there's no harm in looking.
Ariek , same issue has been rised in jira
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-33418
Hello Areik,
Just to add on to what Nic said, yes, currently it is not possible to add attachments in email notifications. However, there has been a New Feature request regarding this issue which was raised here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-6207
I highly recommend you to vote for the issue and watch it to get any updates of possible work-around to achieve this.
I hope that helps.
@ala Al-Shargabi - Yup i just gave vote for the issue....
Just for my information - How many votes are required to consider and take this up as a new feauture in the upcoming builds any idea ???
Areik,
your question title is different to your question....
1. Your title question reads as if you want to add an attachment to an email sent by Jira
2. Your question body seems to ask about a JQL function that returns issues with an attachment of XLS format (presumably based on a file extension of .xls)
Which is the main question?
because I know a way to get close to an answer for #1 but not #2 and I don't want to be answering a question you don't expect (again)
Mathew,
yes you are right i am looking for something #1 .....!!!!!!!
The votes are used as guidance, there's no threshold on "we'll do this if we get enough votes".
Have a look at what Atlassian say about how they decide what to implement next https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEV/Implementation+of+New+Features+Policy (although it was down when I clicked on it, hopefully it'll be back soon)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.