Hello,
I need to seach in all issue filtering by Project Key (field KEY).
I thought there was this type of filed-filter between the standard ones but I ca't find it. Do I need to create a custom serach filter? Or I am missing something?
Thanks
I'm not quite sure that there is a question here at all.
When you build a filter, the JQL ends up with a clause of "Project = MyProject". (The simple search interface names project as a valid field, and ends up generating that JQL in the background).
So I'm a bit lost on why you're talking about custom search filters or field-filter. You just need to search for your project. There's nothing more to do.
I dont agree "Nic Brough" say i have a project with 700 issues created under the project and i would like to search mu issue based on the project key...!!! how would i do that ??? any answers will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Regards,
Areik
you may have an option "Switch to Advance" and customise your query "key>= Project-101 AND key<= Project-150"
I'm afraid you're missing my point.
"I want to search on project key" - great, all issues belong to a project. Each project has a unique key. So you type "project = X" into the advanced search and you get a list of issues in the project.
I think the problem is you are not explaining what you mean by "search on project key" in your question.
You are forcing me to "Switch to Advance" and run JQL Query in order to search by project key .....instead i should have a search option for project key...!!!
for every issue created by user.......system will generate unique key(HSA-101,HSA-102........) which is labeled as key and now if i want to search my issues i can filter it by "Project", "Assignee", "Created Date"........etc(i want to search issue which starts with HSA-101 AND HSA-120) but i didnt find and option to search by "key"in filter page.......
All issues that starts with HSA belong to project HSA. So if you select project HSA you get all the issues with keys that start with HSA.
Have to agree with Nic. This is not really a question at all or the user is looking for something that is not really explained in the question.
If you are using simple search select the project from the dropdown.
If you are using advanced search just say project = <your project key>
No, sorry, you don't have to use JQL, I just use it because a lot of searches that come up as questions are only answerable in JQL.
The simple search lets you select project as well.
Bhushan and Nic - if you dont have an accurate answer you can help me in getting the contact details of development team i can sort this out with them !!!!!!!
how can someone say that "This is not really a question at all " if something like that please add header in the top of the page "DONT ASK TECHY QUESTIONS"
Bhushan - I dont want to select project because if i select "Project" i will get all the issues created under that project .. what if i would like to search issues which starts with a HSA-101 and end with HSA-120....?????
We have given you an accurate answer to the question you asked. It's not our fault if you ignore the responses.
It actually turns out that you had failed to explain your question properly.
If I have understood your more recent explanation, your question is NOT "I want to search by issue key". It is "I have a project and I want to search by an arbitrary range of issue sequence numbers within that project"
There's no real function in Jira for doing that. Mostly because it's generally useless. People either know their issue key, or they have some other data item they can search on. Dates it was created between are the closest you can get to the sequence number easily (because you know that issue HSA-N was created before HSA-N+1, N+2, N+3 etc)Could you explain why you want to search on the issue sequence numbers though? That might help us give you a better option. (I've some other ideas, but without knowing the logic behind an arbitrary search, there's no point explaining them, as some will be of no use at all)
I don't think the question was very clear and you haven't been very nice to Nic or Bhushan. They aren't paid for this, so please be nice....
I think what you are asking is how to do restrict your search results to a range of issues within a project? You could try this JQL (using advanced search):
issuekey > HSA-100 and issuekey < HSA-121
Don't be afraid of using advanced search, it's often faster.
But what I'd recommend is doing a project search and using an order e.g.
project=HSA order by updated desc
or using a date range
project=HSA and created > startOfday (-14) and created < 0
for anything created in the last two weeks
feel free to contact the "development team", just be polite please.
I think it's because you didn't really ask a useful question at the beginning. Your original post was phrased as "how do I search for an issue by it's project key", which is pretty much basic in Jira and you didn't explain what you were really asking.
Done tbe afraid i am soft to you alll and .......Thank you all for your swift answer, really appreciated.
Hmm trying to upvote your answer puts the count to -2. Strange.
Hi Bhushan,
Yes, I feel like someone is abusing the karma system, twice in 24 hours it seems
Is it possible to search by the project key? I'll try to explain a bit better.
We have a project called "Project X" with a project key as "PX". Changing the name of the project to "Project Y" many of my filters break because they were searching for things like Project = "Project X". Instead, i'd like to create a filter based on the key like search where key = "PX". The project name can be changed any time, but the project key isn't very likely to change.
Thanks.
Nevermind. I found i can just do project=PX and that works.
I have the same problem like Chris. The standard projectPicker gadget returns value that is equal to project key in DB (e.g. for project TEST it returns project-10200. Unfortunately I could not find a way to use the db key in JQL quieries. I had to retrieve the project name using code in custom control.
Just wanted to thanks Matthew Cobby . I was searching for some thing and i found the answer here . +1
I have to say, this is one of the most tormented conversations I've seen. But I also need the answer to this.
So I'm not really interested in the 'story' about JIRA queries, the philosophy behind the design, or the 'explanations'.
In this type of scenario, the only thing that works is confirming yes or no to specific questions. If you want to explain why the answer is yes or no, please wait until that question is asked.
So...
Is it true that a project key consists of a short list of the characters that make up the word that is called the project key?
Yes or no only please...
Is it true that an Issuekey in an advanced query must be represented by a projectkey and a number separated by a hyphen?
Is it true that there is NO WAY to search in the basic, advanced, or JQL search facilities to select issues that match a specific number portion of an issue key?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.