How can I get the contents of a table in a confluence page using REST API?
I was able to get the content of the page. But I just want the contents of the table as a list. Any pointers will be appreciated.
Your best bet is to grab the storage format and parse the returned XML for your table.
Yea there is no direct way to get just the table. You have to get all the content and then parse it yourself to get only the table. I am not sure what programming language you are using for this but for python one good library for this is called BeautifulSoup (https://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/bs4/doc/).
There are similar libraries like this for other languages so I would look for one in your language and use it to parse the content.
How did you get the content of the page using REST API? Did it contain table values?
The REST API (which you can find on google) includes all page content in XML format. Of course it includes a normal html table, yes.
This relates to the following Confluence Server Page:
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/confluence-rest-api-examples/
This page contains examples of using the Confluence Content REST API using curl. The responses are piped into python -mjson.tool (JSON encoder / decoder) to make them easier to read.
curl
python -mjson.tool
Hi,
can any of you provide details about how to scrape table contents from table in confluence page by using rest api & then python script?
https://<domain>/rest/api/content/12345?expand=body.storage
This format can be used to get the contents of the confluence page.
you found anything , stucked in same problem.
@Mohan , @Nipun Goel,
For parsing tables I used the following Stack Overflow answer, specifically the response by schmijos.
Use this in tandem with a requests.get for the URL you want from confluence, and make sure to add the following at the end of the URL
?expand=body.view
Hi, you can use the following macro: https://v-and-b.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PD/pages/1127186433/Table+Scraper+from+URL+Macro
Hi All,
you can use the following macro: https://v-and-b.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PD/pages/1127186433/Table+Scraper+from+URL+Macro
Here are step-by-step instructions: https://v-and-b.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PD/blog/2020/05/26/1142554679/How+to+Display+a+HTML+Table+from+a+URL+as+a+Confluence+Table
The question was to get contents from a confluence table. This macro is about scraping a webpage URL, get contents and display in Confluence table.
Hows it related?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.