I have started at a new company that use Jira. I manage work from a big marketing department and my process is as follows:
- The Marketing team to submit un-triaged requests (lots of them!) via a google sheet.
- The requests are then triaged to produce the top candidates to work on. These top candidates are tuned into epics in Jira. Issues that are dependent on other teams are raised as tickets for the respective PM.
- The epics are then broken down into stories by the team and scheduled in the backlog.
- Bugs and tech debt stories are created and slotted directly into the backlog
(nothing too out of the ordinary)
Questions
Can the idea submission and triage be done in jira (without polluting the groomed backlog that the dev team work against)?
Can I get the Marketing team visibility on the full process at a high level (they only need to visibility at an epic level not story level) from Request list >prioritised candidates>Epics on Backlog>Epics in progress>Epics done and live (And the status of tickets that are dependent on other projects)
I am new to Jira and setting up workflows etc so the more detailed the explanation the better! Many thanks,
Tim