I need help getting JIRA and Confluence talking to each other via SSL. When I connect to either of the sites, I get the usual Untrusted Identity warnings because they are not from a CA. I think the piece that I am missing here is a root-level or a faked trust.
Background/Information: JIRA, Confluence, (and eventually Fisheye) are all behind our corporate firewall. I will be sanitizing the URLS for the purposes of this post:
JIRA'S Base URL is: https://dev-server:8443/jira
Confluence's Base URL is: https://dev-server:8444/confluence
The keystore was generated using Portecle and is located in the JIRA home directory. I am not using the java home keystore to do this.
The keystore looks like this:
Keypair #1: Alias Name: JIRA CN: https://dev-server:8443/jira
Keypair #2: Alias Name: Confluence CN: https://dev-server:8444/confluence
Trust cert: Alias: JIRA --- This was generated by basically saving the keypair cert in #1 and importing it as a trusted cert… I think this is where I went wrong.
I also tried to import a Trust Reply, but I think that was messed up as well.
Any ideas here? I’m sure I left some details out.