Hi,
I've recently installed JIRA 4.4.4 stand-alone version on a windows 2003 R2 SP2 (on a Virtual machine).
Testlink+ wamp server where pre-installed and did not take up much resources.(entire system was working on 512mb and 1cpu)We upgraded the machine to 2 cpu's and 2500MB ram specifically for JIRA.
I installed JDK 1.6 as recommended on the site. Set jira_home, java_home and cataline_home. Allocated more memory via the setenv.bat. (tried 1024 and 512)
Now the problem is that JIRA and tomcat seem to cripple my system. 100% cpu usage and both fighting for resources.
The actual setup of JIRA took almost an entire day. It needed an hour or so per page. (localhost:8080)
I hoped the system would recover after the setup but it it still on 100% cpu usage.
I've looked for solutions online, tried most of them but cannot fix the performance issue. I know that JIRA is pretty demanding and that it does not run efficiently on a VMware. But it should run better then this...
So does anyone know how i can fix this performance issue? Help is much appreciated.
additional info:
-I tried browsing to 127.0.0.1:8080 instead of localhost:8080 -> did nothing to fix the issue
-I tried changing the port to 8081 -> did nothing to fix the issue
-I tried changing browsers IE7 and Firefox8 -> did nothing to fix the issue.
-Database is on the same OS/VM (using MySQL on the wamp server)