I would like to know if it is possible to configure the Description field with default values by Issue Type.
For our Issue Type = Story we use a format to describe our story.
I would like to template Description with default values for this issue type so we don't have to paste the template over and over. This way my users are prompted to use fill in the required sections.
I notice that I cannot add Default Value to the default Description field like I can to a custom field.
So the option might be to create a Custom Field called Story Description to be used on Issue Type = Story.
I can do this, but then I have two problems to solve:
1. How do I hide the default Description field on this particular issue type? Isn't it a required/mandatory field?
2. Since we've been using the default Description field in the issue type all along, by hiding the field, will I then hide all of the history content we've created on existing/closed Story issues?