So, we upgraded our Confluence 3.3/Jira 4.2.4 pair to Confluence 4.3/Jira 5.1. The upgrade went well, and we've worked out all minor issues that have come up. Confluence uses Jira for auth, and that works (i.e. a user can log in to Confluence using their Jira credentials).
I read this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+3.5+Upgrade+Notes#Confluence3.5UpgradeNotes-NewProfilePictures which says the user should keep their old profile pictures, if they had one selected.
But we've hit this issue: the user in Jira still has a profile picture displaying. However, the user in confluence no longer has a profile picture selected. If, however, they go to /users/editmyprofilepicture.action the first option for them is the profile picture they had prior to the upgrade. So, on one hand, great it's still there, but on the other hand, I don't want to make all my users go through the process to reclaim something that never should have vanished in the first place. I read over the upgrade notes again, and I don't see anything about profile pictures (except for the pasted link above).
What am I missing?